2017 was a crazy year for me. I blogged more than ever, my day-job got really busy, and I lost my best friend to cancer among other things. It was a year of ups and downs for me both on the blog and in my personal life. So, without further adieu here are my top 10 bookish resolutions and goals for 2018.
I don’t think I have 10 so I will do 5 for my first post, but if you have any other suggestions or thoughts. Please leave a comment and let me know!
It started with this tweet:
I want to do 3 things in 2018 as far as #BloggingGoals
1) Comment more on other reviewers sites. I don’t do this enough and it’s not cool.
2) Try and participate in the #TopTenTuesday (ironically this will be part of it)
3) Figure out how to continue to gain followers
— ?Brian’s Book Blog? (@brians_books) January 13, 2018
1. Read 150 Books.
I read 150 last year, so I hope to eclipse this, but who knows. It’s a goal for a reason!
2. Comment more on other book blogs.
This is harder than you would expect. When you look at the YA or Romance bloggers they all comment on each other’s blogs. There are tens and sometimes hundreds of comments about the review and the book and freaking life in general. I want to make the post-apocalyptic, horror, sci-fi community the same and spread the love. I think this will be my hardest goal this year, it takes time (which I have very little of).
3. Try to post content every day.
Part of the reason for this Tuesday post is that I wanted to make content every day, with the help of Natalie I have twice as many reviews. So far, 14 days (as I write this) into 2018 I have a post every day. I know for a fact that didn’t happen once in 2017.
4. Continue to post original content.
Another super hard one for me. I like to read and review books. I like to let people know about other books in my New and Notable weekly post. Other than that it feels a little like work. I like my “please make an audiobook” posts but they aren’t easy to put together and didn’t get a ton of traffic. If there is something that you would like to see on my blog in 2018 LET ME KNOW! Leave a comment below.
5. Figure out how to gain followers
Easily one of the harder and… different goals for me this year. I want to be able to have a group of people who actually want to read my blog. I promote my blog in normal ways without spending too much time (and no money) on it. I want to have a group of people who are interested in what I wrote and will keep coming back. I love every reader I have from the guy who hates what I think about books to the person who reads every word (and sometimes grammatical error).
- New and Notable Audiobook Releases for the Week of December 3rd on Brian’s Book Blog - December 3, 2023
- Disease X by N.J. Croft (Narrated by Joshua Saxon) - December 1, 2023
- A Purrfect Gift by Jae (Narrated by Anastasia Watley) - November 30, 2023